Mortimore Art Prize
The very best in Realism.......
2013 $52,000 Mortimore Prize
- Dubbo, NSW - St Brigids Hall opening night 12th October at 6pm. Then daily 10am - 4pm from 13th October to 3rd November 2013 with adults $8 and children free. Artist-in-Residence Leanne Watt
- Mudgee, NSW - The Stables Gallery 5th to 8th December 2013 - Selected works - $5 Adults and children free
- Central Coast, NSW - Ettalong Memorial Club 29th December to 2nd January - Selected works - $5 Adults and children free.
- Sydney, NSW - The Scots College Anderson Hall 23rd February to 1st March 2014 - Selected works
- Canberra, ACT - Canberra Grammar 13th to 23rd March 2014 - Visit cancelled due to construction works blocking access to gallery.
- Bowral, NSW - BDAS Gallery 8th to 12th May 2014 - Selected works - $5 Adults and children free.
- Bendigo, Victoria - Dudley House 5th to 9th June 2014 - Artist-in-Residence Aime Sacrez - Selected works - $5 Adults and children free.
- Geelong, Victoria - Courthouse Gallery 11th to 30th June - Artist-in-Residence Janne Kearney - Selected works
- Mrs Tricia Reust - winner 2012 Mortimore Prize
- Mrs Helen Grant - editor Australian Artist magazine
- Mr Graham Cox - artist
2013 MORTIMORE PRIZE WINNER - Lianne Gough - 'Cails'
Judges comments - "There is a 'Wow Factor' quality to this portrait which captures a moment in time. It rests comfortably somewhere between a drawing and a painting, giving it an element of freshness and spontaneity which is one of its great drawcards. The confident, loose treatment demonstrates the benefit of not over-working art. The subject leaves a lot to the viewer’s imagination, with an element of suggestive intrigue, questioning what the figure is actually doing."
Lianne Gough - 'Cails' - Mortimore Prize Best in Show winning $15,000
$1,800 - SOLD
ALL ARTWORKS ARE FOR SALE AND TO PURCHASE ONE CONTACT
MIKE COWARD ON firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 MORTIMORE PRIZE SECTIONAL WINNERS
2013 MORTIMORE PRIZE HIGHLY COMMENDED
2013 MORTIMORE PRIZE FINALISTS
- DRAWING - ANY SUBJECT
- IMAGINATIVE / SURREALISM
- SMALLS - 25CM MAXIMUM AND ANY SUBJECT
- STILL LIFE